Friday, July 11, 2008

Revisions While On Submission

Recently I had an agent request a partial. Soon after sending it out, I joined a fantastic critique group and have since made some improvements. One of these improvements is completely changing where the beginning of the book starts, so that it opens with a lot more action. I am still waiting to here back regarding the partial. My question is, would you resend the partial with an explanation, or just sit tight with fingers crossed. And if you do get a rejection, would you write back with the explanation and try to resubmit? This has been plaguing me.



It all depends on the revision, but if you think it really makes the partial better than I would get in touch with agent and explain. The agent should have no problems substituting the new version for the old, unless they've already read the partial.

No comments:

Post a Comment