Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sorted!


And here are some pictures of the completed sort-out!


This is the bulk of the fiction - sadly I had to double stack, but at least there aren't piles of books on top of each other, as there were before... it's important all my books are in a logical order, because Our Vicar and Our Vicar's Wife are frequently asked to find a book and post it to Oxford!



Thanks for all your tips about LibraryThing and other cataloguing websites - I'm a little tired after this sort out, but might transfer it over at some point... I do have a LibraryThing account, but was surprised at their miniscule limit for the free account. What do they think I am?!



And to answer a couple of questions from yesterday - yes, I did get rid of some books! They've gone to Honeypot, the church bookshop thing Our Vicar's Wife runs. Mostly duplicates, it must be said, but I was more ruthless with one or two.... And Peter asks simply "Why?" Hmm. Partly because Our Vicar and Our Vicar's Wife bought me the filing cards and told me I should do it, partly because I like having the records, and partly because it might stop me buying books I already have! Because my collection is split between two different places, sometimes it gets tricky to remember what I have...

No comments:

Post a Comment