Thursday, December 3, 2009

Gloves on...

Time for another of our sporadic vote-offs, I think. In the past Jane Eyre has triumphed over Wuthering Heights; Music over Art; Hardy and Dickens came out equal, and... well, I can't remember the others. But it's been gripping.

Today we're taking a step into children's literature. I've noticed that whenever I mention Enid Blyton, I get lots of happy com
ments - she inspires that sort of nostalgic joy in a lot of us. When JK Rowling's name is heard, we reveal a slightly guiltier pleasure - perhaps because, for most of us, it's not a nostalgic issue, not yet.

But today they're going head to head - please cast your vote for your favoured author:
Enid Blyton vs. JK Rowling.


Of course you can also vote for 'neither of the above' if you're feeling very grown up... but I shan't settle for a 'both of 'em' answer - ladies and gentlemen, it's time to nail your colours to the mast!

No comments:

Post a Comment