Sunday, January 24, 2010

Calling UK Book Bloggers!


And another short post - because I have been musing, for some time, on the possibility of having a UK Book Blogger Meet-Up. We live on a small island, and it makes sense to use that to our advantage. One of the loveliest things about blogging has been meeting lots of bloggers in person - using blog names, I've met Random Jottings, Cornflower, Other Stories, Savidge Reads, Geranium Cat, Oxford Reader, Dovegreyreader, Pursewarden, Embarrassment of Frivolities, The B Files, Books Please, Harriet Devine, Paperback Reader, Writing Life and the Universe, and apologies to anybody I've forgotten.

What's been wonderful about every single meeting is how much online friendliness and book enthusiasm carries over into face-to-face encounters. And, thought I, this would incredibly fun to make into something even bigger!

I haven't been in touch with anybody else about this yet, not officially, but in my mind I'm thinking somewhere in London on Saturday May 8th 2010. That just sounds far enough away to mean we can get sorted.

This is open to absolutely anybody, and to express interest please email me at simondavidthomas@yahoo.co.uk with the subject heading Book Blogger Meet-Up. You're not committing yourself to anything yet (haven't even thought about venue!) but once I've begun to gage (or perhaps gauge, I can never remember) interest, I'll Get More Organised and hopefully you'll all be on board, inviting other bloggers, ready to meet, greet, and possibly even wear name badges...

Obviously not all UK Book Bloggers read my blog, so when we've got a venue and things a little more organised, I'll be asking people to advertise the event on their blogs - between us we know a lot of people!

No comments:

Post a Comment