Saturday, January 23, 2010

No Miscellany - Immortality Instead

Yes, this weekend I'm afraid I've ditched miscellany (ran out of time) and introduced immortality - not a bad exchange. I've been at a housewarming party this evening, and just got in, so heading straight to bed... but before I go, I thought I'd ask your opinions of Immortality by Milan Kundera? My book group are supposed to be reading it for February, but quite a few have mutinied (mutinyed?) and given up. I've only read ten pages, but I love it so far - it seems to say so much, so precisely about life. The sort of sentences 'were often thought, but ne'er so well expressed', in the probably-paraphrased words of Pope. But it's very postmodern, and perhaps I'll be confused and irritated soon? Has anybody read Immortality? Or, perhaps more importantly, has anybody got to page 20 and given up?

No comments:

Post a Comment