Monday, February 8, 2010

LibraryThing

I set up a LibraryThing account back in September 2005, added ninety or so books to it, and promptly abandoned the whole thing... For some reason, a couple of weeks ago I decided to give it another go. In the interrim I have made card catalogue lists of all my books (very handy for taking to Hay-on-Wye and preventing me buying books I already own) which made putting them on LibraryThing a HECK of a lot easier.


And so here I am. If you've ever wanted to scout through my library, now you have the opportunity - and I even have a sassy widget in the left-hand column which will show you some of the books every four seconds. It's a bit weighted to authors beginning G-Z, because for the A-F authors I was scrupulously choosing the editions I owned, and after that I just chose the ones which had cover pictures included.

To be honest, I'm not sure what else to do with it now - I know that FleurFisher is the person who has the highest percentage of her books in common with me, and it's fun to see how many books I own that nobody else on LibraryThing does, but I don't really see myself having the time to enter into the (doubtless bustling) community. My bookish online community time is already taken up twofold!


But there you are, thought you might be interested. How's about you - are you a LibraryThing user? Or any other online library service?

No comments:

Post a Comment