Monday, November 28, 2011

The Readers

I'm going to be community minded again tonight (for which read: it's too late for me to write a proper book review) and point you in the direction of the latest episode of The Readers (click zee link).  For those not in the know, it's a podcast run by Simon S and Gav, covering all manner of bookish topics - always including plenty of recommendations for reading.

This week's podcast features lovely Kim as a guest, and equally lovely Polly also pops up with her five favourite books (and a mention of me!)  The chief topic of discussion is book blogging - a subject dear to all our hearts, of course.  I am in love with their discussion!  It covers so many areas - why they started; how long they take to write reviews; positive vs. negative posts, and so on.  All stuff I find fascinating - some people don't care much for blogging-about-blogging, but I'm all about the meta-conversations.  And all the way through I wished I were there to join with the chatter...   (They also talk about book-culling, and it's lovely to hear a tbr pile of 450 considered 'not bad' - my real-life-in-the-flesh friends consider half a dozen unread books as somewhat pressing.)

So, pop over and have a listen to the whole thing, but especially the first half.  And I'll be back tomorrow with another strange little book... (which is my vague way of saying that I haven't decided between two strange little books waiting for review.  Would you rather hear about the well-known author or the utterly obscure author?)

No comments:

Post a Comment