Sunday, June 20, 2010

Musical Musing

Karen at Cornflower has set people a music challenge - list/upload their five favourite songs beginning with a letter which she pulls out of a Scrabble bag. Sounds like fun, does it not, and my letter was... P.

Now, there's very little guarantee that shared book tastes lead to shared music tastes, especially since I hardly ever listen to classical music, and never opera, and am probably rather alone in that in terms of bloggers. But I thought I'd give it a go nonetheless. Some of my favourites don't appear to be on YouTube (like Papercut Words by Elin Sigvardsson and Peace by Jennifer Knapp) so I limited to those for which I could find videos... some of these aren't official videos but fan-made ones, so apologies if they're a bit weird. Anyway, it was tricky but... here we go! If you want to have a go yourself, go to Karen's post here.

1.) The Part Where You Let Go - Hem
(I thought I'd apply the articles-don't-count rule beloved by libraries everywhere)



2.) Protection - Massive Attack ft. Tracey Thorn



3.) Pretty Good Year - Tori Amos



4.) Paper Cup - Heather Nova



5.) Praise, My Soul, The King of Heaven



No comments:

Post a Comment