Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Photo Post

A couple of years ago I was talking to a friend about this blog, and she said "I sometimes read the posts - but usually only when there are lots of pictures." That's right up there with my brother telling me he "skips the bookish bits" - both of them would be pleased to see a post devoted mostly to photos. I'm no great photographer, but I thought you might like to see a few bits and pieces from the past fortnight or so. Those of you who know me on Facebook may already have seen most of them...

I went to buy delphiniums, and instead came home with a cat-covered cushion...

On my very indirect way to Hay-on-Wye, I popped back to my old village - I planted this tree with my Grandad (known as Grandad Tractor, because he worked on a farm) when it was a tiny sapling. Look at it now!

I am very impressed with the effort Blackwell's have gone to - no ordinary scaffolding for them.

Surely this can't possibly be true??

The quiz I attend every Sunday always has a cartoon round - this week's challenge was 'the landlord visiting a library' and I won with this sketch! My team, Queen Equizabeth I, were rightfully proud - even if we only came mid-table for the rest of the quiz...

My housemate and I took some pirates - including Tompkins the Inconsiderate - to the woods, to find a very particular tree.

Hope all is well with you this Monday - have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment