Sunday, July 10, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon

The Once Upon a Read-a-Thon is about to begin! From July 11 to July 13 I will be reading and reading and reading more! :)

I'm planning to read:

Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2) by Maggie Stiefvater
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1) by Rick Riordan
Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott

Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2) Percy Jackson and the Olympians Paperback Boxed Set (Books 1-3) Between Here and Forever

I'm probably going to post my updates here at the end of the day. You can also follow them on my twitter @magabygc

UPDATES:

Read:
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1) by Rick Riordan (377 p.)
Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott (250 p.)
Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2) by Maggie Stiefvater (425 p.)

MINI CHALLENGES:


- From IBBookBlogging

What is your favorite type of myth (Greek, Roman, Egyptian etc)? My favorite is Greek Mythology, I love some of the stories as the one from Eros and Psyche.

What is your favorite book with some type of mythology in it? Oh My Gods by Tera Lynn Childs. It's very fun and different from the others.

- From The Bookish Type

For this challenge we had to write a fake synopsis based on a pretty book cover. I chose the cover of Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott.

When Chloris moved to her new home, she's pretty sure her life will be  miserable. Her new home is a lonely and ugly place, full of concrete and without flowers.
It's not a secret she's obsessed with flowers, so maybe that's why when flowers are suddenly springing every time she talks, she's not scared at all.
But why? Is she finally becoming crazy and imagining things? Or could it be because of the handsome young man who is spying her?
It's really short, hehe. I never thought it would have been so difficult to write a synopsis! Anyway, if you are familiar with Greek Mythology, you may recognize the story of Chloris (Khloris), the spring nymph and and Zephyrus, the Greek God of the west wind. I thought it would be great for this cover, with the girl and the big sunflower.

- From Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing:

The Book ThiefFor this mini challenge we have to recommend two books. The first book can be any book of my choice, and why it should be read and loved. The second would be the favorite of the read-a-thon.

For the first book, I'd recommend The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I never thought I'd like this kind of book, but I actually loved it. The plot and the writing grabbed me.
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1)
Between Here and ForeverThe second book is more difficult to choose. I didn't read so many books for this read a thon, and I've liked them all, so it's kind of impossible for me to choose only one. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan was so much fun, I wished I'd have read it before.

I also read Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott and it was amazing! Wasn't expecting to like this story as much as I did, and I'd recommend this one to young adult readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment