Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Donkeys!

I started writing a book review (1908 ticked off the list, if that's any clue) when I realised I was far too tired.  So, instead, here's a picture of a donkey!  I dragged my friend Dave to a local donkey sanctuary last Saturday - it's the third time I've been.  After cats, donkeys are my favourite animals, and I could (and do) spend hours stroking them and informing them that they are handsome.

Maybe it's no surprise that Eeyore is my favourite character in Winnie-the-Pooh?


But I shan't just show you that gorgeous donkey.  I shall pre-empt my Weekend Miscellany and point you in the direction of two very brilliant blog reviews which have been posted lately.  Claire is just as enthusiastic as I am, maybe more, about The Element of Lavishness: Letters of William Maxwell and Sylvia Townsend Warner, and Darlene writes a really beautiful, personal post about Nicola Beauman's excellent book A Very Great Profession.

Hope you're all well - tomorrow's another late night, so might be a couple of days before I get to grips with reviewing the 1908 book.  If you fancy guessing, it's non-fiction, and the author's initials are HK...

No comments:

Post a Comment