Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's NOT a bat...

"Okay, I'm confused. Why don't you start from the beginning..."

I sighed, and Kristy just glared at him. The grizzled, frustrated-looking resident was the third doctor to see us, and they just keep asking the same questions, going over the same details. They ask because they don't get it. They ask because they don't understand. They ask because they don't believe a single word we're saying.



"Like I said..." I groaned, rubbing my temples. "We knew there was something in our attic, but we didn't know what..."

"You mean, the bat?"

Now it was my turn to glare. "It's. Not. A. Bat!"

"Okay, okay," Doctor Frustrated held out his hands defensively. "So what happened next?"

Well, like I said before, I went up to investigate.



Just you, or was she with you?

Oh, I was there, too...



You own a sword?!?

For the fifth time, YES! And for the fifth time, no we don't walk to talk about it!

Okay, fine, calm down. What happened next?


The doctor scribbled something into his chart. "Hit...wife...with...golf...club..."

"Hey! Don't write that! It was an accident!"

"Okay, I'll be sure to make a note of that," the doctor replied reassuringly, despite not even attempting to look like he was making a note of it at all. "So what happened then?"

"Well, then the situation starting getting really out of control..."



The doctor clicked his pen. "Okay, now I know you're making stuff up."

"I'm not! That's what happened!"

"Bats can't hold swords!"

"IT'S NOT A BAT!"

At this point, he clearly just gave up trying to make sense of the situation. Just like the one before him. And the one before that. He didn't believe us either. None of them do.

Not that I blamed him. I mean, who would? And normally we wouldn't care if someone thought we were making stuff up, but in this case, in this situation, it did matter. Because it meant that nobody was going to help us. It meant we were on our own.

And that...thing?

It was still in our attic.

A fresh-faced new intern suddenly burst through the door. "Hello, there! I'm Doctor Ross. Why don't you tell me what happened?"

I sighed. Goddammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment