Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"I Am Legend" Review Coming Next Week

I am full of glee at this moment. Yes, I said glee.

"I Am Legend" is opening this weekend. I'm sure you've heard about it - Will Smith is the last human left in a world filled with vampires. The reviews so far have been mixed, but I'll still be in the theatre this weekend, munching on popcorn and drinking soda and telling my wife when the scary parts are over and she can open her eyes again. In the immortal words of Chris Knight, it's a moral imperative.


The reason why I'm filled with glee is because "I Am Legend" is based on a novella of the same title by Richard Matheson, first published in 1954 and one of the ten best books I've ever read(and certainly the best science fiction novel). If you write science fiction or anything with a post-apocalyptic bent, and you haven't read "I Am Legend", then you're simply missing the boat. If you don't believe me, perhaps you'll believe Stephen King, who has said that Matheson's writing influenced him the most as a writer.

Review to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment