Monday, March 17, 2008

Notes and Queries

Well, just one 'note' and one 'query', actually, and in fact the 'note' is more precisely 'news'. But the pun wouldn't have worked if I'd been accurate...

First off, the news - I got onto my Masters course! I've had a hard time explaining quite what it means to people - so settle back for a while. My BA automatically becomes an MA after a while, because Oxford is seen as being a harder course than most. I will be doing an MSt (Master of Studies) which is a basically what Oxford calls it so that it can be distinguished from the automatic masters... does that make sense?? Gramatically, rather than logically. Oxford doesn't do logic.

It is exciting, but I'm trying not to get *too* excited, as I might very well not get funding, and then I'll have to consider my options. But, as they say, my Plan B is God's Plan A.

And the query - Patch's starring role the other day reminded me of something I've been meaning to ask the world at large. The Carbon Copy and I discovered a while ago that we had the same recurring dream, from early childhood to (for me) 15 or 16. In it, there are multiple clones of our favourite cuddly toy (Patch for me; Pluggy for him - a polar bear who only eats plugs) - this never seems odd in the dream, but is accepted. Does everyone have this dream whist growing up, or is it to do with self-identity and being a twin? Hmm... answers on a postcard, please. Or in the comments...

No comments:

Post a Comment