Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Vote....


There are so many reviews I want to write, and I'm always too sleepy! You'll have to do with the tidbit that today I read from a book called The Gaping Pig. Its subtitle is Literature and Metamorphosis, which spoils the image of what could have been an intriguing novel... plots on a postcard, please.

On my blog I've occasionally thrown out little votes, to find out whether blog readers prefer Hardy or Dickens; Charlotte or Emily Bronte; Art or Music etc. Today's might not apply to a lot of people, but it's about writers' (or, indeed, any published) letters and diaries. Do you prefer reading diaries or letters? Your instinct might be to say "both" (or perhaps "neither") but if it is "both", think a little deeper and you might well have a preference...

OK - here it is: Letters or Diaries - post in the comments, with reasons if you like, and we'll see which is the victor!

No comments:

Post a Comment