Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sky Jumpers by Peggy Eddleman - ESSENTIAL


Eddleman, Peggy Sky Jumpers, 275 pgs. Random House, 2013. $16.99. Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G; Violence: PG. 

Hope is the protagonist of this story and she has a lot to prove to her family and her town. She was not a very good inventor and that is all that matters in the town of White Rock. White Rock is a town that was established after World War 3 and the townspeople are trying desperately to come up with inventions to replace all the things that were lost due to the war. Hope has to dig deep and find her own talents to help her family and the whole town. 

I loved this book, it grabbed me right away and it made me smile and tear up a few times. It is a very clean book and only got a PG rating from me for violence because of the way the bandits treated the townspeople and used a gun once. I loved the way the author wrote this book, it flowed from beginning to end and I could hardly put it down. The story is one girls quest to find herself and the talents she has to offer her family and community. 

EL-ESSENTIAL. Reviewer: Carie Middle School Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment