Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sixty Wonderful Years!

It's a bit late in the week for celebrations, but some of you will, like me, have been celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee on Monday.  My housemates and I went down to the pub and toasted HRH (indeed, I stood up and sang the National Anthem, but quite quietly.)

And today I went to Boswell's in Oxford and bought this:



Here's to another sixty years!  Well, probably not, but I'm hoping she makes the 75th Jubilee.  Or at least chalks up another four years and becomes our longest reigning monarch.

I don't want to turn my blog into a political arena, with republicans and monarchists sniping at each other, but I also knew that some of you would share my love for, and huge admiration of, the Queen - and the rest of you might be amused by how this 26 year old decides to spend his money...

No comments:

Post a Comment