Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Do I write?

Do you handle/look for potential for film when handling certain fiction?
I don't go out of my way to look for a book with film potential, but it certainly is a positive.

Do you write?
I write, though not well.

What inspired you to be an agent?
I love books.

What kinds of authors would you love or dream of having?
Talented, professional, and prolific!

I write novellas. I know you don't handle these. I understand they are a specialty, but also seem to be growing in popularity. Why don't you handle these? Can you recommend agents who do?
I don't read a lot of novellas, and so I don't feel comfortable representing them at this point. Also, they are not an easy sale because the market for them isn't huge, and the advances and royalties are typically not high. I unfortunately have to do a cost-benefit analysis regarding anything I represent, and right now novellas don't add up for me. As for agents who handle novellas, I suggest looking on Publishers Marketplace for novella and short story collection deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment