Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Has GalleyCat Lost It's Meow?

I teach a contracts class for MediaBistro, and so I'm a bit biased when I say that I think they offer wonderful resources for media professionals. Despite this, I still feel compelled to comment on the recent drop in quality in GalleyCat, their daily newsfeed.

Since 2005 GalleyCat has been a staple of my daily reading. If you've never read it before, imagine Publisher's Lunch without the deals, but broader coverage. I was worried that there would be a drop in quality when Sarah Weinman left for greener pastures, but Ron Hogan continued to maintain a high quality.


It's only been in the past few weeks that I've noticed a drop - a smug tone has infiltrated a few of the posts, older stories are being recycled, and the overall writing quality has dropped a bit.

Here's hoping that the ship gets turned around soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment